Okay so my first go at showing off for Tyler and Valerie on Comeback Kitchen was a freezer meal. Um, yeah, no. The second assignment is cereal?!?! Um no. Its like they don’t know me at all. Luckily I am a resourceful bad ass. and I made it work. Aaaand, I even made it personal. Ta-da. My presumed fatal flaw of “not personalizing” has been over come. What they don’t know is how highly inaccurate that is. I have waaaaaayyyy worse flaws. And, I am an over sharer. The Food Network is 0 for 3 on their Amy knowledge. But I have to give them credit for placing me in the top. haha. The recipe is one I have made before and it is being recycled on the blog. You’re welcome. I am super busy. I am literally (actually it’s more figurative) at the point where I would sell my soul to anyone who could engineer more hours in the day. But Even though this post is recycled, there really isn’t any need to mess with it. It is some stellar pie if I do say so my self. (And by “myself” I mean me, my husband, my friends, people I have catered for and Tyler and Valerie. So you don’t really need to take my word for it. 😉
You know how sometimes (aka every minute of every day) you are just craving a decadent, luscious and over the top dessert? This is it! Like this is a break your mixer thick and creamy peanut butter filling, dark chocolate ganache, whipped cream and Reeses kind of desert. And it is absolutely worth negating a whole week’s worth of cardio for. I am pretty sure chocolate and peanut butter put together are second only to sex in my husband’s mind. So naturally I made this dessert for him for a special occasion. Then topped the evening off with his first favorite thing.
But seriously people. This was crazy good. Everything I make it good, naturally. But yum. I don’t know what there is to not like about this peanut butter and chocolate pie. Peanut butter, check. Chocolate, check. Sugar, butter, heavy whipping cream, oh yeah, a whole lot of checks there too! For me and my tastes, it was the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter.
Lucy and Dave Chappell agree, its worth hiding in your shirt and is addictive ask crack. Don’t worry, there was no actual crack used in making this pie. Although I guess you can adjust the recipe if needed. If you are looking for something that everyone will love (I suppose except those with peanut allergies), then I have your back. As always. I even had a bunch of people as me for the recipe after it was in my Instagram story, all I could do is was take a picture of my chicken scratch and say, it will be up at some point in my lifetime. I cook to taste, so when I am writing recipes down, things are often crossed out and rewritten on other pages or crammed into the margin. Thus is the mind of a creative genius. ;
Okay… and finally, pie.
6 tbsp melted butter
3 cups teddy Grahams
1/4 cup white sugar
1. Okay, the chocolate wafers are the way to go. But I do not have them at my grocery store. And naturally I don’t want a regular Graham crust, it HAS to be chocolate. So I discovered something. At least I believe I can credit myself for this discovery… Chocolate Teddy Grahams…
2. Add Teddy Grahams, melted butter and sugar to a food processor and pulse until everything is mixed well and the chocolate cookies are totally crushed.
3. Press the crust mixture into a greased pie or tart pan.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
1 cup heavy whip
12 oz dark chocolate chips
freeze 30 after poured on crust
leave 1/4 cup or so for drizzle/garnish
1. While the crust is cooking, in a small sauce pan, bring the heavy whipping cream to a simmer.
2. Reduce the heat and add your chocolate chips.
3. Stir constantly, until all of the chocolate is melted and then remove from heat.
4. Pour the majority of the ganache over the cooked crust, reserving 1/4 – 1/2 of a cup to drizzle over the top.
You will also need:
Roughly 2/3 of an 8 oz mini Reeses bag, chopped, save the other 1/3 for topping/garnish
5. After ganache and peanut butter cups have been added, move the base of the pie to the freezer.
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
12 oz cream cheese
8 oz cool whip, defrosted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Basically, you’re mixing this all in a stand mixer. Tough work! Unless you do not have a stand mixer, then it will be tough work.
2. Add to the top of your chilled ganache and spread until even.
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
3 tbsp white sugar
1. This is pretty much your basic bitch home made whipped cream. Just put the ingredients in the stand mixer and blend (on medium speeds) until stiff, but not over whipped. 1-2 minutes.
2. Spread evenly over the top of the chilled pie.
3. Return to the freezer and let the ingredients sit for 20 minutes of so.
rest of chopped mini Reeses
1/4 or so cup chopped peanuts
drizzle rest of ganache, may have to reheat it
1. Once everything is chilled and firm, get ready to garnish. You will have to carefully reheat the ganache. It is simple, just keep an eye on it. Turn the pot that it is onto a low heat, and stir constantly until it is warm enough to drizzle on top.
And there you have it friends. The only peanut butter pie recipe you will ever need.